Many thanks to Matt (@hillplodder) for nominating me for this via his blog http://hillplodder.wordpress.com/
1. Favourite walk or hill ?
My favourite walk of all time would have to be in North West Norfolk, from Old Hunstanton lighthouse, along Holme beach to Thornham, with of course a pint of Adnams in the Lifeboat Inn to finish the walk off properly. I’ve been visiting the area since I was five and have always loved the ‘wilderness’ feel of that area of coast.
2. Most treasured piece of kit ?
I’m still a beginner with backpacking and wild camping and I’m only just starting to amass key pieces of kit. I was going to nominate my Vango Apex tent or my Alpkit stove, however my Samsung phone is very small and light, takes excellent photos and also enables me to record my walks on a @SocialHiking map.
3. Favourite mountain food ?
One of the easiest (and most satisfying) things you can have to eat on a walk are dark chocolate hobnobs. However, on a recent walk in the Lakes I took a large, dirty Cornish Pasty up with me, so I think I’ve found a new favourite!
4. Walking ambition ?
I would love to climb Mount Teide in Tenerife. A more realistic ambition is to complete the Norfolk Coast Path from Hunstanton to Cromer.
5. Best place you’ve camped ?
I was a wild camp virgin until last October, and have only actually done four. Out of this limited selection my favourite has to be Little Mell Fell where I camped in March this year. The early morning light and colours were amazing, all against a soundtrack of skylarks.
6. Favourite book about the outdoors ?
It seems an obvious choice, but that would have to be ‘The Central Fells’ by Alfred Wainwright. I read this after my first wild camp and backpack in October 2013 after I’d walked over Sergeant Man and Thunacar Knott.
7. Funniest moment in the outdoors ?
It didn’t seem like it at the time, but I fell in a bog on my first wild camp trip last October, and the bog monster was born!
8. Who in the outdoors/adventure world do you most look up to ?
Again a bit of an obvious choice, but it would have to be Alfred Wainwright. Those little books he wrote and illustrated in such meticulous detail are still inspiring so many to follow in his footsteps more than 60 years later.
9. What’s your perfect post-walk tipple ?
That would have to be a pint of real ale.
10. Why do you like the great outdoors ?
I can forget who I am and my responsibilities when I’m away on a walking trip, and just lose myself in the sights and sounds around me.
11. What’s your next adventure ?
I’ve nothing concrete planned as school holidays are looming and it’s hard for me to be away during this time. I’m hoping that Gina (@cumbrianblondie) is going to let me join her for her last Wainwright at the end of September!
1. Favourite outdoor place ?
2. Favourite piece of technology to use whilst outdoors ?
3. Favourite outdoor food ?
4. Outdoors ambition ?
5. Favourite place to stay.. wild camp, YHA or hotel/B&B ?
6. Piece of music, book or film that you associate with getting out ?
7. Best comedy moment in the outdoors ?
8. Who has inspired you to get out and enjoy the outdoors ?
9. Favourite beverage after a hard day spent outside ?
10. Being outdoors.. how does it make you feel ?
11. Where will your next adventure take you ?
As with my predecessors, there’s been a slight modification of ‘the rules’ along the way…
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)